What it's all about
Kids 'n Kinship provides friendships and positive role models to children and youth ages 5-16 who are in need of an additional supportive relationship with an adult. The goal is the children will form a long-term friendship with a responsible, consistent role model. Through their Kinship relationship with an individual, couple, or family, children receive positive attention, experience a variety of fun and enriching activities, and benefit from developing the sense of self-worth that is essential to successfully functioning in school, in healthy relationships, and eventually on the job. Kids 'n Kinship empowers volunteers, families and youth to maximize skills and resources to build a stronger community. Kids 'n Kinship serves children in the communities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Farmington, Lakeville and Rosemount and also provides school-based mentoring at four elementary schools.
Kids 'n Kinship is:
- is an affiliate of National Kinship.
- a friendship program matching adult volunteers with children in need of a supportive relationship.
- for children ages 5-16 who are primarily from single parent families.
- individuals, couples or families who what to volunteer.
- volunteers sharing time and activities on a weekly basis.
- serving the communities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Lakeville, Rosemount, Eagan, and Farmington
Through their Kinship relationship the child will:
- form a long-term friendship with a caring adult.
- receive positive attention and experience with a variety of activities.
- develop the sense of self-worth that is essential to successfully functioning in school, in healthy relationships and eventually a job.
Kinship volunteers will model:
- responsible citizenship and giving to the community while having fun!
- sharing skills and demonstrating responsibility for yourself and your family.